🙋Hello IDMLover, today in this post you are going to learn How to Disable IDM (Internet Download Manager) auto-updates to solve IDM fake serial number notification. So, Let's jump into this step-by-step guide...
Turning off IDM updates is one of the ways to get rid of IDM Fake Serial Number Popup.
Ture off IDM Automatic Updates
There are two ways/methods to do that.
Using Regedit disable IDM updates
- Press Win + R and type regedit in the Run tab
- After the registry editor opens, select HKEY_CURRENT_USER > SOFTWARE > DownloadManager
- Now find LstCheck or LastCheck file and open it
- Then replace the Value Data with a bigger number and save the changes by clicking on OK
- Once restart your windows pc and Done!
- Download IDM Full Version 👀
- Add IDM in Browsers (Chrome, Opera, Edge, etc.)
- Fix IDM YouTube Panel not Showing
- How to Download Torrent files using IDM
- How to Download Mega files with IDM
Rename IDM Files to Disable IDM Updates
- Make sure you have closed IDM on your laptop. ( From Taskbar and system tray)
- After that open the IDM installation folder. Usually located in the C:> Program Files> Internet Download Manager folder.
- Then find and rename the IDMGrHlp.exe file to idmhelp-old.exe.
- After that restart our laptop.
- Then re-open the Internet Download Manager installation folder.
- Then find and select the file named idmBroker.exe then rename it to IDMGrHlp.exe.
- Then restart our laptop again.
- That's the way IDM will change to the full version and fake serial number messages will no longer appear.
You can follow the same steps to turn off IDM automatic updates in Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista, and Windows XP.